Saturday, February 7, 2009

Yesterday, Oh Yesterday

There's something about certain songs that I can't resist when I'm in certain states of mind/body.

For instance:  When I'm cold or need to calm down, I like Bon Iver's Skinny Love or Manchester Orchestra's I Can Feel a Hot One. When I'm hot I like to listen to pretty much any  Jamie Lidell song.  When I need a pick me up, I'm always good for Joe Purdy's Just Cant Get it Right Today I know, it doesn't make sense, but that song makes me happy.

And perhaps most embarrassingly when I'm overly upbeat or a little bit tipsy...  I love Hanson.  Yes. Hanson.  No Mmm Bop though (cause that would be silly).  Mostly from their "underneath" album (which... I don't know if that's good or bad... probably bad.) Last night I was reminded of this when Sam, Keith and I decided to split 3 pitchers of Margaritas.  Yeah.  Never let your tipsy husband convince your already drunk brain that one more pitcher is a "challenge."  Cause challenge or no, one pitcher per person is NO GOOD.

That being said, when Drunk-Corie got home from the Mexican fiesta that led to a quick siesta, she put on Hanson really loud and danced around in her underwear and some galoshes.  Yep.  I'm not sure why exactly I had on the galoshes, but I think it had something to do with just prior to the dancing about when I was walking my dogs.  Dear god I hope I had on pants while walking the dogs. 

Remembering that this morning (oh wow. this morning) I was reminded of a fateful summer afternoon in which I was doing mostly the same thing (but with pants on).  I was totally ROCKING out.... to a hanson song.  In my car, windows down.  A girl with mousy brown hair pulls up next to me, watches me for a second, then pulls up her arm as though she's about to flick me off for being such  crazy Hanson freak.  

But to my surprise, on her wrist... where most people would have a watch... was the Hanson "logo."

The girl was a walking, singing, breathing, arm-swinging billboard.  HOT DAMN.  I am cooler than one person. 

5 comments:

Corie said...

you are way cooler than most people i know. now it's time to immortalize you dancing in underwear and goulashes.

keith p. rein said...

that was supposed to be from me.

samantha e paulsen said...

you didn't tell me about the Hanson part last night! now the underwear+galoshes makes total sense.

also. keith's misspelling of the word 'goulashes' completely changed the meaning of that sentence. i imagine you splashing in a hot tub of hungarian soup.

Corie said...

That was my EXACT response to that "goulash" comment! lol.

haha And sam, I looked at the texts again and you're right, I failed to mention that I was dancing around my house to hanson... not just because. Although I did write a love note to Water signed, My liver.

Man. Team drunkarita.

Ole!

Callie Grayson said...

what a fantastic post!!! i was laughing so hard at the visual of you dancing around in your underwear and rain boots (for the life of me I can't spell it correctly, since I am reading goulashes and I am a horrible speller)
I had tears in my eyes!