Monday, February 9, 2009

Challenge #4 and Etiquette!

My my my. Let's start with the "etiquette" part of this entry.

I had a new follower earlier this week, and was quite delighted to have had someone start following the blog all on their own, as one is want to do!  However, he would seem to be some sort of bizarre follower-whore who simply starts "following" every single person who begins following another blog.  (are you following me?)

And so I blogblocked him.  Is that cruel?  I just... felt a little dirty.  Especially because now he's all over your (my real followers) blogs.  I've unleashed this scourge upon  you and now I'm letting you know that I'll bring you the vaccine, just tell me where to meet you!

But I digress, 

The time has come for yet another writing challenge.  This week, as it is still February... the month of love... (and breast cancer, and african american history...) I thought perhaps we should write a series of haikus for george washington carver, inventor of peanut butter (among many other great things) 

It can really be about anything you like, so long as it involves good ol' georgie, and some delightful peanut based snack.  I'll probably incorporate love and asphyxia, but your subject-matter is up to you!


Tis Monday again
shove off ye untold lovers
find something to write

I'm going to love
disapproving lil' letters
don't wait til too late

Due thursday near 5
when you'll find your desserts
Peanut butter-bound

8 comments:

Callie Grayson said...

you crack me up.
I noticed over the weekend that the person is on every one of the blogs I read. thats a lot of following....

Corey Farris said...

Corie, where are we to send our challenges? Should we post them in comments or would you prefer them emailed to you?

One.Young.Professional said...

OMG I noticed him too! Does he even have his own blog?

Corie said...

Definitely email them to me, that way they can have their own post! Sweet.

coried@gmail.com

And Renee: He does, it's boring.

Corey Farris said...

Should I be sad that this guy didn't follow my blog? I mean, that's kind of a slap in the face, right?

Then again, neither renee nor carl follow my blog either, so I guess that means that I'm the loser of the group of blogs that Corie reads.

Corey Farris said...

(Just kidding)

(Always)

Christina said...

i thought that was odd. hmmm, he does have some sort of political blog on typepad and i wondered why he wanted to follow a style blog. i feel so cheap...and used, well, not really but still!

Corie said...

Corey J: No worries, Carl doesn't follow mine either! You are not alone my name-twin.

Random thing you can appreciate: I hired a new accountant today based on the fact that her last name was McCorie.

Yes. REAlly.

I probably should have checked her credentials, it's true... but COME ON! how often will I get to say Corie and McCorie took on the taxes?!