Thursday, February 12, 2009

George Washington Carver...

And now... without further ado
(trumpets)

the entries I have for Challenge # 4:

never fear, if you haven't sent me your entry, you can either email it to me at coried@gmail.com or you can just post it as a response, whatever you like! It's internet magic! If you email me, I'll add it to the post.  And you'll be legit.  Again, magic.


It's not George's fault
good sex in peanut butter
he did not invent


George W.'s Bush
Grew Legumes and fed millions
What innovation!

A legacy which
Differs from another George
Bush that bore no fruit

Mine: 

Such joy in peanuts
Was harvested by Carver
For generations

Delight with Jelly
and nutella makes it grand
Thai food would be naught

And Mr. Peanut
Touts with classy monocles
That George's Love Saves

Yet so many hold
If not for epinephrine
they'd asphyxiate!




2 comments:

Raul Ito said...

Corey J- I like the political angle of your entry. Welcome to the contest.
Your kung fu is good.

Corie- Epinephrine and asphyxiate plus monocles thrown in for effect. Masterpiece of haikuism.

Corey Farris said...

You know, I hate to get all political here, but I just couldn't get away from "George W.'s Bush" as the first line. Appealed to me on many levels. A good challenge all around. George Washington Carver was surprisingly inspiring as a subject.