
Keith is out of town for this Valentine's Day. This doesn't bother me, as I think Valentine's Day is ridiculous, but none the less, I put on a dress and headed out to dinner with the ladies. We had fun. But now it's 10:45, and I'm at home, writing a blog, still all dressed up... with no where to go.
Sooooo I'm gonna tell you a little story that I have already told fifteen times today because it's my quintessential "I love my husband because" story, and for some reason people just LOVE to swap LOVE stories on Valentine's Day. It's short, and not gushy, so it probably wont burn your eyes.
When I first met Keith, we were working together at a local cafe. He had a live-in girlfriend, I kind of had a too-old-for-me boyfriend (that's another story). But eventually that boy broke up with himself for me (yeah, I said it was a story), and shortly after that Keith and his gal ended their relationship, leaving keith somewhat homeless for a few months. And so, being the good buddy co-worker that I was, I let him stay at my house.
Over the course of a few weeks I totally fell in love with him. Mostly because he was goofy, totally off the wall, hilarious, creative, sweet, tattooed and most importantly 100% in love with my dog. I didn't know I was in love with him though. (I know, this sounds ridiculous, but it's true.) He ended up being my best friend. We did just about everything together. Basically attached at the hip.
But this is what solidified our bond.
One night, when we were about to go to bed, he said to me: "Oh! Hey, wanna see something cool?" obviously the answer to this is... "YES."
"Come over here, look" He proceeds to pull up the right leg of his pants and points to a purple spot on his knee. "It's a rock, it's been in my knee since I was 6."
And now for my response:
"Oh come on. Who told you about that? That's not funny. Dont make fun"
Obviously Keith was flummoxed. "What are you talking about?! It's kinda cool!"
"Wait... you're serious?!"
"Yeah! It's a rock! Is that wrong?"
"No no, I just mean... I have a rock stuck in MY right knee! That's ridiculous! We're the same! I got mine when I was five... when you were six!"
Some people were just meant to be together, I think.

3 comments:
i miss your coffee breath. (my word is dered - this is the generic version of pirate dredd. you can buy his action figures on the streets of NYC - or at walmart. poor kids rejoice).
that it is the sweetest love story!!
not sappy just true and awesome.
callie
word: comounch
Please tell more adorable stories about you and your hubby. You guys are so cute!
Post a Comment