I'm looking into the future. Are you?I made myself a new year's set of resolutions. And, as I plan to adhere to them with white knuckles and without wavering, if I post these resolutions in ALL of the places I can manage then perhaps they'll have more staying power.
And so you have... the most ridiuclous list I have ever (EVER) created for a new year. Normally I don't put much stock in resolutions. Seems to me it's just a way to fall on your face on the third day of the year. But hey, it can't hurt to try. Which brings me to Resolution numero UNO.
Set one: LIFE!
1. TRY MORE THINGS! Nobody likes nay-sayer! Well, I'm sure someone does. HMO's for instance.
2. Always keep flowers in the house.
3. Walk the dogs for 2 hours a day. (about 8 miles. They're crazy dogs)
4. Be more honest with yourself, less brutally honest with others. It comes off mean. Quit it.
5. Spend money on what you need, not on your whims! (I'd elaborate, but I dont wanna embarrass myself... right now)
6. Be less quick to judge. Try not to hold grudges (I said try damn it.)
7. I will not over-extend myself. There are only so many waking hours in a day. Accept that!
8. I will ask for help when I need it. Stop trying to do it all. (doing it all is actually doing it all half-assed)
9. For the love of all things holy... and your spine, sit up straight! Jeeze.
Set 2: WORK!
1. I'd like to spend only 70 hours a week at work. I'm an 80 hrs a week kind of girl. BUT! I'm gonna cut back my workaholic-ism. I'd say less than 70, but let's be serious. I can't do that.
2. I want to pay off Ike & Jane this year.
Set 3: HOMESTEAD!
1. Actually put up a fence this year. Not like the last two years when we were always going to put up a fence "this month"
2. Take better care of the yard... aka... the dirt. Maybe step one is... make a yard.
3. Start saving $30,000 to put down on a studio for Keith and refinance our house after said studio is finished. Yes, this will spill into 2k10. But hey, it's ok. I wont be doing it myself.
Set 4: FRIENDS!
1. I wont let work keep me from being a good friend. Cause that's stupid.
2. Be less of a homebody! Maybe let the internet breathe for a little while. You're smothering it!
Set 5: FAMILY!
1. Spend more quality time with Keith. Try not to listen to audio books while he's at home. It's weird.
2. Call the grandparents
3. Call the parents
4. Keep tabs on your crazy little brother.
Phew. That's a serious list. In a couple of ways.
I'm exhausted just thinking about it.
I also have a list of all the things I have to do this week. I'll think about sparing you from that.

No comments:
Post a Comment