Regardless, she has started me on Quickbooks, which I've never used before. I previously used a system of Excel files that our accountant would then utilize to tabulate based on what she paid via check or debit card vs. what I paid via cash paidouts.
So I am now in charge of ALL FINANCIAL OPERATIONS. This scares the shit out of me. I'm good at the accounting I've done up until now. I can manage to pay my bills at home. But the very idea of accounting for every last dime that we spend or earn at the bakery is daunting. I'm going to be doing a LOT of things. So it's great that Quick books is going to remind me when I need to pay rent, taxes, payroll... etc etc.
HOWEVER. Quickbooks also caused me to do a little vomitting in my mouth yesterday when I.... [GASP] had to load Windows XP onto Mrs Macbook Pro. I loaded it up, loaded ANTI VIRUS SOFTWARE (if you're a mac user as I have been for over 10 years, you know that this is ludicrous) and then stood back in horror as 1/2 of my computers ram went to power the most disturbing thing I've done in a few weeks.
Before you tell me that Quickbooks makes an operation for Mac, I know. BUT it doesn't operate with the payroll function. And I refuse to operate with a pc. So... we're at what they call an impasse.
I felt dirty all day. Like I was cheating on my husband. Like I had shit stuck to the bottom of my shoe (which reminds me of another story for later).
And now here I sit, writing an entry and looking at the "fusion" icon that I'll be pressing momentarily to expose my beloved computer to the viruses of the internet.
Dear Mrs. Macbook Pro,
I am so sorry that I have subjected you to this terrible disease. Please know that despite what I've put you through, I love you dearly. More than you know.
Always and Forever,
Corie

3 comments:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
I knew I felt a disturbance in the force! I understand you have to do this because of the cafe, but it's so...so...sad.
Anti-virus software. I can hear Mrs Macbook Pro crying from here.
Half your RAM. I'm nauseous just thinking about it.
Just know that you have your Mac family here for support...at least you don't drink Folgers.
I know, Right?! You just tell Mr Macbook that he's lucky you're a better owner than I am.
Ugh. This is depressing. Ev.er.y.th.ing.is.tak.ing.so.long.to.st.ar.t.go.in.g.
Do we sound snobby? Yeah? Good.
We're not snobby.We own Macs and that makes us better...and smarter. Oh...wait.
Post a Comment