Monday, April 13, 2009

Well, that puts an end to that.

Recently I've been finishing up my Bakery-related errands at night after work.  Sometimes this puts me there around 9:30 or 11:00p.

Not so bad if you're not an old lady, but if you're me... you're taking rags over to a bakery while wearing your pajamas.  Because to be honest, 9:30 is about 45 minutes past my bedtime lately.  

Please, take a moment to revel in what an old coot I am.

Now... generally my pajamas are some sort of night-time dress (NOT that matronly garb with wee little flowers, but some sort of night dress, none the less) or some shorts with a tank.  

And so just now I wore my shorts... which are about the same length as a pair of short-like underwear and a tiny t-shirt (yes, straight up hooker style because all of my laundry is mid-clean) with some crest white strips, my hair strapped back in a headband, and a pair of mary-jane styled crocs. 

I can't believe I would wear such an ensemble either, it's absurd, but it's what was available. 

So, I headed up to work to bring some rags for the morning donut magician in all my tiny livery, and when I got there... I was amazed to see my neighbor standing out front with the police because the back door was open and they'd just done a sweep of the building.

Sigh.  Now half the greater-athens police force has seen the bottom of my bum and I'm indebted to my neighbor.  Although I'm hoping the bottom bit of my ass that was hanging out of my shorts (Oh dear god, why oh why) can be considered payment enough.

And so, I am now putting these shorts in the "donate to some hoochy teenager" box, and moving on with some more sensible pajamas.

Not to mention, I'm never going to head to work in my pajamas again.

I've had way too many run-ins with the police lately.  And all of them on a similar level of embarrassing.

2 comments:

Christina said...

i'm getting a mental image here and yes i'd say the little bit of your bum was payment enough (i'm sure that's all they could talk about, b/c really there's not a whole lot to chat about when you'rt an officer in athens). think of it as a business venture b/c i'm sure they'll be coming in for donuts...

Callie Grayson said...

oh, i am sure they will be in for donuts!
you always make me giggle, even when I am too tired to laugh you manage to make me laugh:)