I took an exorbitant amount of time to get into my car and back out of my parking space because someone started waiting for my space before I even unlocked my car. And to them I say, "yes. My space is the third one in. However, this is why you're fat. If you'd just park 7 more spaces down in that EMPTY ROW OF SPACES you would have already been inside!!!" But, they waited as I loaded my overflowing cart-full of crap and then returned my buggy to the cart area and sauntered back to my car (passing the aforementioned empty row of spaces). They were still there waiting.
Just as I was opening my door to begrudgingly give up my space, a crazy woman asked me if she could borrow my phone to... wait for it...
Call 911 because a dog was locked in the car next to hers "for five minutes, I timed it".
Obviously, someone needs to tell this woman what 911 is for. Here is a list of reasons I would call 911:
1: I'm bleeding and it's so bad I might pass out
2: Someone has broken into my home
3: I think I heard gunshots
4: I didn't know I was pregnant, but I'll be damned if I'm not having a baby. RIGHT.NOW.
5: A fugitive is where I am and I happen to recognize him as such.
6: I'm at a bank and these dudes in presidents masks are holding us all at gunpoint, but I'm hiding behind a big ass tree and they dont know I have a shoe phone.
Ok, so some of those are a little specific, but I digress. This woman, let's call her Mrs. Nowell, cause that was her name, called 911 over a dog in a car. Yes. Leaving an animal in a car for any length of time on an 80 degree day is not awesome. HOWEVER. It was five minutes, the windows were down 1/2 way & the dog was fine.
Long story short, the "heroine" of my story called 911... who, of course, transfered her to Animal Control & was greeted, they took her name, the license plate number, asked if the windows were down ... at which point M. Nowell said they were and that she'd poured a cup of ice into the car window so the dog could drink.... Yeah. She poured a cup of ice into their car.
Animal control said they'd send someone out.
They probably wont.
But hey, that car that was behind me finally moved on and parked in one of those empty spaces. So not all was lost.

3 comments:
hahaha i love your list of times it is appropriate to call 911. i think you basically covered them all.
yeah! you got someone to work on getting some cardio and walk a bit!!! priceless. I am amazed how people won't walk and extra 30 feet.
and your 911 list is great!
oh good god.
Post a Comment